Recent News » Senior Project Manager: Integrated Landscape Management and Capacity Development
EcoAgriculture Partners announces the following opportunity:
Senior Project Manager: Integrated Landscape Management and Capacity Development
Posted April 9, 2012
EcoAgriculture Partners is an international non-profit organization that strives to bring about a world where rural landscapes are managed to improve livelihoods, conserve native ecosystems, and sustainably produce food and fiber (“ecoagriculture”). The organization does so by providing training, research, policy solutions, and support to farmers, communities, and organizations at the local, national and international levels. To learn more about EcoAgriculture Partners, please visit our website at www.ecoagriculture.org.
EcoAgriculture Partners’ Landscapes and Leaders Program seeks to support and demonstrate the on-the-ground practice of ecoagriculture. This program includes three key components: 1) providing technical assistance to leaders and stakeholders implementing integrated landscape management processes; 2) training a cadre of professionals (from NGOs, government agencies, community organizations, and others) to have the technical skills and leadership abilities to advance ecoagriculture in the communities, organizations, and countries where they work; and 3) working with local, national and international partners to develop tools and methods to support integrated landscape development.
In addition, EcoAgriculture Partners is a co-organizer and facilitator of the three-year Landscapes for People, Food and Nature Initiative, which aims to support and scale up the adoption of integrated agricultural landscape approaches worldwide to simultaneously meet goals for food production, ecosystem health and human well being. For more information on this Initiative, please visit http://landscapes.ecoagriculture.org/.
To support the above efforts, EcoAgriculture Partners is hiring a Senior Project Manager for Integrated Landscape Management and Capacity Development to join our committed team in Washington, DC as soon as possible. We seek to hire a motivated individual who is experienced in international agriculture, natural resource management and/or rural development. The successful candidate will be an effective team leader who is also adept at operating independently to design and manage complex, integrated projects with diverse partners. This position is a full-time salaried position with benefits.
The Senior Project Manager will:
- Design and manage complex projects that have analytic, technical assistance and/or capacity development components;
- Develop and apply methods and tools for engaging diverse stakeholders in integrated landscape assessment and management;
- Collaborate with leaders of integrated landscape management initiatives to assess opportunities and plan activities to strengthen their effectiveness and impacts;
- Analyze opportunities for initiating and scaling up integrated landscape management programs and projects in consultation with donors and managers of current and prospective landscape initiatives;
- Develop, test and apply curricula for developing capacities of local leaders to implement integrated landscape management initiatives, and assist in promoting uptake of such curricula through “train the trainier” models;
- Engage in fund-raising to support the quality and growth of EcoAgriculture Partners’ Landscapes and Leaders program, and of the Landscapes for People, Food and Nature Initiative
- Travel internationally up to 25 percent of time, annually.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 7 years of experience in international development, including experience working in field situations;
- Master’s degree in international agriculture, natural resource management, regional planning, development economics, development sociology, geography, business management or related field;
- Ability to work effectively with the private business sector;
- Ability to manage projects that improve government capacity to work effectively across sectors;
- Demonstrated collaborative capacity development skills;
- Familiarity with state of the art capacity development methods and tools;
- Superior analysis and English writing skills;
- Experience interviewing informants from diverse sectors and disciplines and presenting information and ideas to varied professional audiences;
- Well-honed personal interaction and communication skills;
- Discretion and maturity in managing sensitive issues in multi-stakeholder processes;
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills;
- Adeptness in decentralized, distributed styles of team management;
- High level of organization and self-direction;
- Legal right to work in the United States.
Desirable Experience and Skills:
- Experience working in eastern and/or southern Africa;
- Successful track record of proposal development and fundraising for field programs;
- French and/or Spanish language skills.
Salary and Benefits:
The annual salary range for this position is $70,000 to $85,000, depending on experience. Benefits include 29 days of annual and holiday leave, sick leave, health insurance, and retirement contribution. The position is full-time and the successful candidate will be offered an initial contract for two years. The position will be based in Washington, DC and will begin as soon as possible.
Please e-mail a cover letter (maximum of 1.5 pages) specifically describing your background, experience, and interest in this position; your current curriculum vitae (maximum of 4 pages); two writing samples (1 analytic piece, and 1 project proposal, report or evaluation); and three professional references (including no more than one academic reference) to Sarah Fiorenza [firstname.lastname@example.org] with the subject line “Landscapes and Leaders Manager – [your name]”. Review of applications will commence on May 1, 2012 and continue until the position is filled.
Posted By EcoAgriculture Partners at 4:03pm on 01 May 2012